Maps and toolkits
Links to online resources and journalism about the new economy movement.
Change the Rules aims to map some of the most interesting projects around the UK, but is not a comprehensive list. Use the maps below for a more complete picture.
- Co-ops in the UK – Co-operatives UK
- Social enterprises in the UK – Social Enterprise UK
- Community land trusts – National Community Land Trust Network
- Community energy in England – Community Energy Hub
- Community energy in Scotland – Community Energy Scotland
- Community energy in Wales – Community Energy Wales
- Community businesses in the UK – Power to Change
- Shorter working week trials across Europe – New Economics Foundation
- Assets of community value – mySociety/Power to Change
- Transform Greater Manchester – mapping the social and solidarity economy
- Solidarity Oxford – mapping the solidarity economy in Oxford
- For Solidarity NE – mapping the solidarity economy in the North East
- The Alternatives
Aditya Chakrabortty’s Guardian column profiles inspiring initiatives from around the UK and beyond.
- Far Nearer
Hazel Sheffield documents the people and projects transforming their local economies.
- Rapid Transition Alliance
Stories of communities around the world practising rapid transition to a sustainable economy.
- Elements of the democratic economy
Next System Project presents a library of new economy models and techniques.
- Community toolbox
Stir to Action’s easy-to-use guides to setting up new economy enterprises.
- Building a good local economy
A practical tookit for public servants and community organisers, from CLES, NEF and Friends Provident Foundation.
- My Community
Locality offers tools and information to launch community projects in your area.
- Beautiful Solutions
New economy models and examples from around the world.
Sign up to change the rules
Join our movement to build a democratic and sustainable economy. Together we can change the rules to make the economy work for everyone.